Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another day, another demonstration lesson

Class begins with my greeting the students as they enter the classroom..... getting a pulse on what might lay in store for the next 45 minutes.

Objectives are written on the board.

Students are on task, engaged in the assignment.



For this listening activity, students first listened only as I described a scene.... only after I finished my description, could they pick up a pencil and start to draw..... Here's what I described to them......

There's a house in the middle of the paper.
Two trees on the left of the house and one on the right.
Five mountains behind the house.
The house has one door and two windows.
Six clouds in the sky.
Four birds in the sky.
The sun is on the left hand side.
A river begins in the first mountain on the right,
It flows down in front of the house.
There are three fish in the river.
A cat sits in front of the house.

After the lesson, I met with the teachers to reflect. 

No comments: