Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sharing what I've learned


As a mentor teacher with Rialto Unified School District in California, I attended many very productive seminars that taught me dynamic, productive, engaging research based instructional strategies.

Given my mentor position, I spent my days observing the learning going on in classrooms and holding reflective conversations with the teacher immediately afterwards.  The goal .... to help the teachers reflect on their practice so as to improve their teaching.

Through all this, I was able to learn the theory and observe the practice of many highly effective instructional strategies.  While volunteering in Thailand, I've been able to practice these strategies so I have first hand practice using them.

Now that I am retired,  I am able to share all I have learned, observed and practiced,  with the teachers at Meynaa School in the Maldives! 

Thank you Rialto Unified School District!

No comments: